Sanding is not an easy job. It is essential to make the surface with an exact finish that is required. There are a lot of tools available for sanding. But you have to choose the one which is easy to use and operate. The best orbital sander is lightweight that can be used for a wide variety of sanding and smoothing process. You can use the orbital sander on any materials like wood, metal and plastic and it gives swirl-free finish on the surface. Read below points to know how to use the orbital sander for your sanding needs.
Orbital sander model:
- Power switch- Turns on and off
- Motor- powers sander
- Sanding pad- Used to smooth surface
- Battery- powers the motor
- Dust bag- Catch and store the fine particles
- Palm grip- Easy handling
Load sanding paper:
There are different varieties in sandpaper grits. If you use the higher number, you obtain the fine surface. Depending on your need you have to choose the grit level, load onto the base sander. For peeling off the older sandpaper you can use fast hook and loop system. Ensure the new pad is aligned properly.
Test the sander:
Before start using, you have to test the sander whether it is right for the work you are doing. Switch on the unit and perform a test. Move the sander and check it is working as expected for your needs. If you do not perform the test, you might not get the right finish.
Sand the surface:
The best orbital sandercan be used at any kind of motion. But you have to sand the surface with the motion that works with the material.You will get the results as you expected when you keep the following points in mind:
- Before making it contact with the material allow the sander to spin for some time. Before turning it off, you have to lift the sander.
- Move the sander left-right action considering the direction of the grain. Give only light pressure, don’t press down the sander.
- Do not allow more than ¼ of sanding pad to leave the surface of a material.
The sanders are designed to work only with light pressure. If you slow down the RPM sander becomes less efficient, and it will shorten the life of the motor. When you use the sander, you might not able to see the progress. By marking the surface with a pencil you could analyze the sanding process. You can sand to get the entire surface even and flat.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.